Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Replays » GeneralVon vs Legolaim
Bottom
Topic Subject:GeneralVon vs Legolaim
LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-06-06 06:16 PM EDT (US)         
This replay shows basic hit and run tactics. This time I used boromir lol.

A link to the download can be found here.

You may review this if you want to .

Legolaim
Brigader General
AuthorReplies:
Scotty the Fallen
Dúnadan
posted 10-06-06 11:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Ok, I'll review it.

Scotty the Fallen | One-time Angel Reincarnate, and Former BFME2H and TWH Downloads administrator, and BFME2 Strategy Administrator.
"And I shall go softly into the night, taking my dreams, as will you." - EoJ
"Scotty's probably the only forumer here who can make every post a defiant claim of his own superiority." - Atzy
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10-07-06 00:47 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Cool, a Mordor game - I'll watch it

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-07-06 01:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
ok thanks its not one of my best its just a training session, for GeneralVon as well.

Legolaim
Brigader General

[This message has been edited by Legolaim (edited 10-07-2006 @ 01:48 AM).]

LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-07-06 05:40 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Wooof it takes a long time for reveiws to be done :\

Legolaim
Brigader General

[This message has been edited by Legolaim (edited 10-10-2006 @ 01:37 AM).]

Scotty the Fallen
Dúnadan
posted 10-10-06 07:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Sorry for taking so long, but I told you I was away for the weekend

The review should be up shortly.

Scotty the Fallen | One-time Angel Reincarnate, and Former BFME2H and TWH Downloads administrator, and BFME2 Strategy Administrator.
"Scotty's probably the only forumer here who can make every post a defiant claim of his own superiority." - Atzy
Scotty the Fallen
Dúnadan
posted 10-10-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
GoS[Legolaim] VS GoS[GeneralVon]

Played on Fords of Isen II

Player Review: Legolaim (Men of the West)

Starting Strat: Farm, Barracks, Farm, Barracks, (Spam Soldiers)

Positives

[+]Double Rax Spam
[+]Got Boromir early enough
[+]Hidden stables
[+]Clumped and got both orc pits down
[+]Got Elven wood as first power
[+]Ivory tower

Averages

[=]you used Boromirs horn OK
[=]you rebuilt your farms, but it took a while
[=]you needed archers, and only built one battalion of expensive weak ones

Negatives

[-]You still focus on 1.04 tactics of ignoring troops and going for buildings. Big mistake
[-]You never bought banners for your barracks OR your fortress
[-]No heal spell. Could have saved Boromir, plus, Tom bombadil is a pretty slow guy, and can't catch up to archers.
[-]Spent almost all time on aggressive, should have changed to defensive when attacked by Mounted Nazgul
[-]Your use of cavalry seemed almost desperate in my eyes, not much for effectiveness in a blind charge onto tainted land soldiers

Player Summary: Well, you're still trying to get the hang of men of the west right now. You still use the 1.04 Strategy of focusing purely on spamming, and not enough effort on upgrades. You got the Ivory tower yes, but the Banners from both the fortress and the Barracks would both have been crucial to help you survive. Keep getting beeter, Good try.

Rating: 2.5/5

Player Review: GeneralVon (Mordor)

Starting Strat: SH, SH, Pit, Pit, Archers X2, (Spam orcs)

Positives

[+]Got Early Nazgul
[+]Spamming was quite good, even for nerfed orcs
[+]Excellent corsair use
[+]Got upgrades, giving you a huge advantage
[+]Fellbeasts
[+]Great harassment

Averages

[=]you took a while sometimes to attack, IMO you could have won sooner
[=]The fellbeasts weren't necessary, you were fine with the mounted Nazgul
[=]Orcs in aggressive = pointless

Negatives

[-]Starting with archers has never been a solid strategy, IMO spamming tons of orcs as a meat shield would be better
[-]Eh...? Not much else to say

Player Summary: Well done! You won. I must say, Orcs still have a purpose in this game, and that was some interesting Nazgul and Corsair use. You don't need advice from me methinks, so just keep on playing the way you are!

Rating: 4/5

Final Comments: A decent match with some highlights. Watch it for some clan mates action, and for anyone looking for how to play mordor with orcs

Match Rating: 3.5/5

LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-11-06 00:07 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       

Quote:

You still focus on 1.04 tactics of ignoring troops and going for buildings. Big mistake

If you attack units you leave with no advantage, if you attack buildings you cripple your opponent. Only people say that only attack troops this patch if they cant carry out a rush properly themselves.

Quote:

Spent almost all time on aggressive, should have changed to defensive when attacked by Mounted Nazgul

What was the point? they would die anyway.

Quote:

Starting with archers has never been a solid strategy, IMO spamming tons of orcs as a meat shield would be better

He would have got owned by my rush

Quote:

you used Boromirs horn OK

You are reveiwing how I use hero powers? Why dont you review how I used athelas or blademaster???

Otherwise from tose things im happy with this review *stares at rating, I might have deserved at least a 3. lol

Legolaim
Brigader General

[This message has been edited by Legolaim (edited 10-12-2006 @ 01:22 AM).]

LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-20-06 03:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       

Quote:

death. why is archers a bad idea as a first unit?! ur crazy. i made 2 SH and if i made orcs they wouldn't be able to do much to defend the SH. 2 archers, 1 to defend each SH.

It looks like GeneralVon doesnt like your review either . The trouble is you are mixing it in way too much with how you play. If its not how you play you put it in the negatives. Scratmaster would be a fair reveiwer and then comes Revan. You need to play more games with this patch mate.

Legolaim
Brigader General

[This message has been edited by Legolaim (edited 10-20-2006 @ 03:12 AM).]

Bendak
Dúnadan
posted 10-20-06 04:01 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Hey Lego, let me explain the review more.

Quote:

If you attack units you leave with no advantage, if you attack buildings you cripple your opponent. Only people say that only attack troops this patch if they cant carry out a rush properly themselves.

I agree, but they key to victory in 1.05/6 is wiping out the big armies and then going for buildings, not otherwise like in 1.04. Buildings take a long time to destroy now and the armies are what wins you the game.

Quote:

What was the point? they would die anyway.

But they would live longer and deal more damage or annoy your foe longer.

Quote:

You are reveiwing how I use hero powers? Why dont you review how I used athelas or blademaster???

Horn is vital to winning the game as MotW, and the most important hero power for men. Good use of horn is an important aspect for a MotW player.

Hope this explains more .

B e n d e r s . . . 2004

ex SWGBH scn designer
ex BFME2H cherub
GeneralVon
Dúnadan
posted 10-25-06 06:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       

Quote:

I agree, but they key to victory in 1.05/6 is wiping out the big armies and then going for buildings, not otherwise like in 1.04. Buildings take a long time to destroy now and the armies are what wins you the game.

Bendak, your wrong when you say whipe out the armies first because then their wouldn't be no meaning to "harassment" in this game. If you watched the replay you'll see that
their wasn't really big armies. 10 bats of orcs can easily be killed by 2-3 bats of men. It takes 3-4 bats to kill one of mens (assuming no buff powers were used).

Quote:

But they would live longer and deal more damage or annoy your foe longer.

The unit (only 1 bat of infantry) that were agresive were being run over by nazguls. They wouldn't have made it back to base and lego tried to deal as much damage as posible.

Quote:

Horn is vital to winning the game as MotW, and the most important hero power for men. Good use of horn is an important aspect for a MotW player.

Also the horn is not vital to winning. Its just another power and if its used right it will win battles, the horn will never win the game. I know that its possible to win a game without borimor dumb horn.

(the most important hero power for men is not borimors horn, its aragon blademaster + gandolf powers. The hornes a defencive power and im guessing your a defencive player with men). :/

Did you even watch the replay? I think you didn't and are just trying to team up with death to attack lego.

[This message has been edited by GeneralVon (edited 10-25-2006 @ 06:58 PM).]

Scotty the Fallen
Dúnadan
posted 10-25-06 09:53 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       

Quote:

Bendak, your wrong when you say whipe out the armies first because then their wouldn't be no meaning to "harassment" in this game. If you watched the replay you'll see that
their wasn't really big armies. 10 bats of orcs can easily be killed by 2-3 bats of men. It takes 3-4 bats to kill one of mens (assuming no buff powers were used).

This is true, Orcs are definitely Fodder now, but Bendak and you are both right. Wiping out armies is Vital, but Harrassment is Also Vital. Both of you have Valid points.

Quote:

The unit (only 1 bat of infantry) that were agresive were being run over by nazguls. They wouldn't have made it back to base and lego tried to deal as much damage as posible.

Nazgul seriously got overbuffed with their endless trample and their debuff at level 2. Add that up with men having ridiculously useless pikes makes it even worse.

Aside from that, You're Right. Lego tried to do his best, and I have to say his situation was kind of hopeless.

Quote:

Also the horn is not vital to winning. Its just another power and if its used right it will win battles, the horn will never win the game. I know that its possible to win a game without borimor dumb horn.

the Horn, while not vital, is often instrumental. Granted you can win without it, but it will be significantly Harder. Boromir himself is crucial because he has knockback damage.

Quote:

(the most important hero power for men is not borimors horn, its aragon blademaster + gandolf powers. The hornes a defencive power and im guessing your a defencive player with men). :/

Lets look at practicality here. Gandalf takes a minute and a half to get out, and costs 5000. He takes forever to level, and has crappy armor. His Istari Light was nerfed to the point of near laughability, and Every hero now takes about 15 years to get to level 7

Aragorn himself is powerful thanks to his enormous splash Damage with his Blademaster. This is where Boromirs horn becomes even more important. Aragorn BM + Boromir HoG = powerful Combo.

Horn is a multi use ability. It is not used just for defensive purposes, but aggressive as well, for example: Attacking the enemies base and then freezing his units to clear the path to his base.

Quote:

Did you even watch the replay? I think you didn't and are just trying to team up with death to attack lego

I'll admit I was hard on lego, (perhaps unfairly at that) But in no way was I intending to attack him, nor was Bendak.

GeneralVon
Dúnadan
posted 10-25-06 11:30 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Dude, you can beat your opponent without even fighting his army. just go around knock fort and unit production buildings.

Pikemen can easily kill nazguls, unless your a lazy player and think you dont need them. Then you deserved to get ran over by them.

Nazguls are fine the way they are. They needed the trample. Orcs got nerfed and nazgul heros got a little trample buff. That no big deal. Keep your units on defencive and pikes near by.

Winning without the horn is not "significantly harder".

Quote:

This is true, Orcs are definitely Fodder now, but Bendak and you are both right. Wiping out armies is Vital, but Harrassment is Also Vital. Both of you have Valid points.

If you sit there and wait to kill his army and not attack his economy your retarded and should find your reciept for this game and take it back and just go buy Lotr's movies and watch the battles scenes on your TV with better graphics.

Bendak is all wrong and so are you, whiping out armies is not vital. Maybe vital wasn't the right word for it.

Everyone plays different though, if you like to watch the battle scenes then go ahead but an army doesn't take long to be replaced. Not long at all. You should be making units the whole time. If your guys look like their gonna die retreating might not be smart. Give them a buff for armor, keep them defencive and replace the army thats dying off. By the time the enemy kills off the remaining units and reaches your base you should have another army waiting to defeat his weakend one.
In other hand :
If you start to attack his resources then defeat his army he could lose his army and not have enof to rebuild it. Its not vital to kill his army if he can rebuild it in a minute or two. The enemies resources should be your main goal in any game.

Vital was the wrong word.

Scotty the Fallen
Dúnadan
posted 10-25-06 11:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       

Quote:

Pikemen can easily kill nazguls, unless your a lazy player and think you dont need them. Then you deserved to get ran over by them.

I didn't say Pikes were unneeded. I said Men pikes are rather hopeless in this Regard because they are cripplingly slow.

Quote:

Nazguls are fine the way they are. They needed the trample. Orcs got nerfed and nazgul heros got a little trample buff. That no big deal. Keep your units on defencive and pikes near by.

Maybe not as big as I made it out to be, but that level 2 debuff is definitely powerful, not to mention Nazgul easily pike dodge and its hopless putting pikes against good micro'd Nazgul.

Quote:

Winning without the horn is not "significantly harder".

More or less. It is harder, there is no question. But not incredibly.

Quote:

If you sit there and wait to kill his army and not attack his economy your retarded and should find your reciept for this game and take it back and just go buy Lotr's movies and watch the battles scenes on your TV with better graphics.

I never said you should just sit back and play the waiting game. I know that doesn't win, all I was saying is that it can help to destroy the army as well as the base.

Quote:

Vital was the wrong word.

Agreed. It was. Maybe "useful" would have been better.

Quote:

Everyone plays different though, if you like to watch the battle scenes then go ahead but an army doesn't take long to be replaced. Not long at all. You should be making units the whole time. If your guys look like their gonna die retreating might not be smart. Give them a buff for armor, keep them defencive and replace the army thats dying off. By the time the enemy kills off the remaining units and reaches your base you should have another army waiting to defeat his weakend one

Very true. Thats the basic rythym for Micro in RTS games. Build an army, and buid another while the first is fighting.

Quote:

If you start to attack his resources then defeat his army he could lose his army and not have enof to rebuild it. Its not vital to kill his army if he can rebuild it in a minute or two. The enemies resources should be your main goal in any game.

Yes...I've learned that now, This was written when I didn't have muchknowledge with the building buff in 1.05. Thats changed now.

GeneralVon
Dúnadan
posted 10-26-06 00:22 AM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

I didn't say Pikes were unneeded. I said Men pikes are rather hopeless in this Regard because they are cripplingly slow

You didn't say hopeless,
But you did say!...

Quote:

Nazgul seriously got overbuffed with their endless trample and their debuff at level 2. Add that up with men having ridiculously useless pikes makes it even worse.

I never said that you said they were unneeded. You said they were "useless" so your going against your own word when you say their not unneeded. I know that sounds confusing, but think about it for a second then you'll get it. .
(useless= not needed = unneeded)

** all heros do is give you an advantage over the battle field **
Its not harder without them, if you dont get heros then get upgrades. It evens out. Both strats have cons and pros.

GG anyway legolaim. Your gettin better though, keep it up. Remember when you were a major noob? lol. Keep it up. If it was up to me you deserved a better rating.

LEGOLAIM
Dúnadan
posted 10-26-06 01:15 AM EDT (US)     15 / 15       

Quote:

GG anyway legolaim. Your gettin better though, keep it up. Remember when you were a major noob? lol. Keep it up. If it was up to me you deserved a better rating.

Yes I do remember Everyone was once. Without you training me, both me and SS may still be noobs .

Legolaim
Brigader General
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames