You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Create a Hero
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant, Atzy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Create a Hero » I LOVE Captain of Gondor hunting
Bottom
Topic Subject:I LOVE Captain of Gondor hunting
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-10-09 02:54 PM EDT (US)         
Captains of Gondor are my favorite thing to hunt with my hero. Some people say they are too strong but I say they got some gaping weaknesses. I use the elves for this and this is hilarious! All I do is make an archer that knows all the archer specialization, almost all cripple shot and cripple strike. So heres my procedure:

Step 1: Buy your Archer CaH
Step 2: Buy Thranduil
Step 3: Get a lvl 2 barracks
Step 4: Get the silverthorn arrows
Step 5: Buy 3 mirkwood archer squads
Step 6: Find out where he mainly comes from
Step 7: Lie in wait in the trees so all your units are stealthed
Step 8: When little weak Cpt of Gondor comes activate Thranduils dead eye so he fires faster.
Step 9: Use Cripple shot and Cripple strike
Step10: use the rally call on Mirks and aggressive stance.
and voala!! One dead hero with in a minute depending on the length of invulnerability.

So there is my answer for these so called all mighty heros enjoy!

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
AuthorReplies:
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 04-10-09 07:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
You can easily counter all of this with 3 rohirrim battalions :P
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-13-09 10:36 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Sorry but those calvalry would die amazingly fast with the use of the mithlond sentries which could be added so HA!

We all have a choice, so make yours wisely. If its wrong then make the best out of it.
Crusard
Dúnadan
posted 04-15-09 03:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Ever heard of flanking? :P

(lol it's like playing over pen and paper... we need some dice!)
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 04-16-09 09:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Whats kinda sad is you forget that thranduil is also an anti-calvary and as for me suggesting pikemen I never said where they would be.

Oakenshield
Dúnadan
posted 05-03-09 09:36 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Your solution is of no use in a early hero rush...
But in the late game its very usefull thanks for the tip ^^
Aesperus
Dúnadan
posted 05-04-09 02:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I guess it depends if its a 1v1 and start resources are 1000, also the way your def is set up. Since he's lvl 1 he's not much of a threat. Just start getting archers as soon as you can and do what Hannibal did in the 1st Punic War, use the terrain to your advantage, a.k.a., if there are hills put archers on top in a tower for range increase.
Isengard has different strategy: Train 10 berserkers and have them spread out in an area, have a decoy soldier battallion then when the hero comes, the berserkers rush him and he dies since berserkers are very fast moving units.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames