Skip to content
News Archives - October 2007
- Happy Halloween!
- Posted on 10/31/2007 at 8:20 AM by Aeneas2
- I'd like to wish you a happy Halloween from BFME2H! In the spirit of the festivities, I've set up a new temporary Halloween skin for our forums! It'll only be there only the end of the day today, so be sure to check it out!
- HeavenGames Code of Conduct Updated
- Posted on 10/21/2007 at 2:34 PM by Aeneas2
- The HeavenGames Code of Conduct has recently had a minor alteration in its rules regarding the presence of languages other than English in forumers' signatures. It now reads:
Foreign languages are allowed in forum signatures as long as
a.) it is not in violation of the Code of Conduct,
b.) not in a different character set, i.e. áíúúíá éáéä,
c.) a correct translation is also included in the signature; this translation should not take the signature beyond the current 6 line limit.
So, if you use a foreign language in your signature, please update it with a correct translation!
- Poll Roundup
- Posted on 10/19/2007 at 10:09 PM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, we asked what your favorite fantasy series, aside from LotR, is. Here's the results!
Chronicles of Narnia [99 votes]
Forgotten Realms [60 votes]
Inheritance Trilogy [62 votes]
Harry Potter [275 votes]
Shannara [16 votes]
Dragonlance [37 votes]
Other - how dare you not mention it! [245 votes]
My own! [81 votes]
I don't have one [48 votes]
I hate fantasy! [16 votes]
Our new poll asks what your favorite language created by Tolkien is. Vote here!
- HeavenGames' Staff System: A Revamp
- Posted on 10/10/2007 at 9:19 PM by Aeneas2
- Source: The HG Blog
So now that things have been settled with HG's identity, it's time to go on to the fun stuff: the staff system! Woo!
It's been discussed in a previous blog post that HeavenGames doesn't operate as efficiently as it could from a staff perspective. A lot of issues have already been dealt with in the past several months, but there are two substantial problems that must be taken care of. First, there is no effective way to ensure quality and consistency of work across all of our sites. Second, we do not have dedicated jobs in a number of support capacities, including marketing, sales, and the like.
Revamped Staff System
The owners have thus discussed the issue with the HeavenGames staff and have come up with the following system:
As you can see, HeavenGames will still be run fundamentally the same: the Exco - chaired by the CEO - makes all of the network-wide administrative decisions and Seraphs work under the Exco as site administrators. What will be added to the system will be a Seraph Liaison and Support Departments. First, the Seraph Liaison...(Read more!)
- Peter and Jackson and The Hobbit rumors
- Posted on 10/4/2007 at 11:03 PM by Aeneas2
- Entertainment Weekly just released a news article on the increasingly likely possibility of a Hobbit movie directed by Peter Jackson, the director of the previous Lord of the Rings movies.
But now the legal battle that's kept The Lord of the Rings' prequel, The Hobbit, hung up for years — a bitter feud between Rings director Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema co-chairman Robert Shaye — may finally be nearing resolution. For once, there's reason to be cautiously optimistic. At this writing, no agreements have been announced... but sources close to the talks tell us that they're detecting a lot less frost in the air, and that a deal may be reached that could help usher J.R.R. Tolkien's maiden Middle-earth masterpiece to screens before the end of the decade.Read it all here and then talk about it with your fellow forumers on the forums!
Thanks to Smeagolfan24 for the tip!
- Videogame Writing Award
- Posted on 10/3/2007 at 11:38 PM by Aeneas2
- The Writers Guild of America has recently announced that it plans to give an award to the videogame with the best script released between December 1, 2006 and November 30, 2007. Here's part of the press release:
Developed by the WGA and spearheaded by the guild's New Media Caucus “to encourage storytelling excellence in videogames, to improve the status of writers, and to begin to encourage uniform standards” within the gaming industry, this new award aims to spotlight a wide range of quality work by videogame writers, raising their profiles and validating their contributions to this rapidly maturing medium.See it all here!