Skip to content
News Archives - September 2007
- Maps to take a look at
- Posted on 9/26/2007 at 10:38 PM by Aeneas2
- Over the past week or so there's been a number of maps submitted to BFME2H's downloads section. Here they are: Menelfalas, Resource Race, Silent Valley Castle, and Middle Earth Water Park! If any of them sound intriguing, be sure to give them a look.
- History of the Hobbit Volume 1
- Posted on 9/23/2007 at 6:17 PM by Aeneas2
- A couple of days ago, a new Middle Earth book, the first volume of The History of the Hobbit was released in the US! It contains half of Tolkien's original drafts for the book as well as commentary.
- HeavenGames: A New Identity
- Posted on 9/21/2007 at 10:30 PM by Aeneas2
- Source: The HG Blog
After considerable deliberation, the
owners have decided that one major inhibiting factor for HeavenGames’
prosperity is the simple fact that it doesn’t have a clearly defined
identity. It has always been a site about games, but that is far too
vague for the development of any clear goals and the effective marketing
of the site.
We have thus discussed the issue with our staff and decided that we
should make HeavenGames a site entirely geared towards community. At its
core, HeavenGames always has been about building the best communities
possible, so it only makes sense that we devote all of our resources to
that service... Read more!
- Happy Birthday, Emoticons!
- Posted on 9/19/2007 at 8:51 AM by Aeneas2
- Today is the 25th anniversary of the creation of the internet's beloved emoticons! On September 19th, 1982, Carnegie Mellon University professor Scott Falman created the first emoticon, the widely used :-).
Happy birthday, emoticons!
- New Maps to Check Out!
- Posted on 9/15/2007 at 11:33 PM by Aeneas2
- Here's a couple of the latest submissions to BFME2H's donwloads section. Eregion from majordima, whose previous maps have been fantastic and White Mountains from kingwerewolf. Be sure to give both of them a try!
- Poll Roundup!
- Posted on 9/8/2007 at 10:10 PM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, we asked, "If you were to go someplace in Middle Earth, where would you go?" The favorite response was Rivendell, followed by Gondor. Here are the results:
The Shire [171 votes]
Bree [27 votes]
Rivendell [323 votes]
Moria [81 votes]
Lothlorien [200 votes]
Rohan [115 votes]
Gondor [281 votes]
Mordor [115 votes]
Harad [51 votes]
The Grey Havens [88 votes]
Other [52 votes]
Our next poll asks, "Aside from LotR, what is your favorite fantasy series?" Vote here!
- The Necromancer's Keep
- Posted on 9/7/2007 at 11:54 PM by Aeneas2
- jamjam525 has submitted what looks like a fantastic map to our downloads section. Be sure to check it our here!
Incidentally, this is also the 200th map on BFME2 Heaven! Congrats to jamjam525 for being the person to achieve this great milestone!
- A New Beginnings - Elderen, Part I
- Posted on 9/6/2007 at 10:07 PM by Aeneas2
- Arvedui has recently posted the grammar of his yet-to-be-released story! Here's part of it:
* If a noun that an object describes is plural, the adjective stays the same.
* Adjectives always follow the noun they describe.
* Many adjectives are distinct words onto themselves. E.g. Aidal (great), Dolgor (dark), Andal (good).
* The following suffixes are added to a noun to make it and adjective.
See the rest here!
- The Prison of Middle-Earth
- Posted on 9/4/2007 at 11:09 PM by Aeneas2
- A neat looking map from Lascar_01 is The Prison of Middle-Earth. Here's a brief overview:
In a place ruled by great and ancient evil, the evil is so powerful than heroes have fought and died here. Now only a few are left... Left to fight for peace in Middle-Earth!!!
Download it here!
- World in Conflict Heaven
- Posted on 9/1/2007 at 10:58 PM by Aeneas2
- Please help me in welcoming the news addition to HG: WiCH!
World in Conflict is a unique RTS that takes place during a "what-if" scenario changing the cold War to World War III. The USSR invades Europe and the USA and you need to defend the country from the invasion.
The drop-in Multiplayer allows the player to pick a faction and control one of four unit roles to counter the opponent. You can join a game in progress and games can be up to 8vs8.
For more details visit our Game Info page and then download the demo!
To discuss this fast paced, action packed game, we want your input on our forums where we can talk about strategies, tips, insight, suggestions, and anything else pertaining World in Conflict. Hope to see you there and hope you like the site.
See it here!