Skip to content
News Archives - August 2007
- Two New Maps
- Posted on 8/29/2007 at 3:38 PM by Aeneas2
- Jedi_Rafael has uploaded his Gondolin map to BFME2H's downloads section and paddy26 has done the same with his map featuring two fortresses, one for each team.
Have a map or other BFME2 file you want to share? Submit it to our downloads section!
- New Maps
- Posted on 8/25/2007 at 3:08 PM by Aeneas2
- jake0402 has submitted three maps to our downloads section over the past few days. They include D-Day, Last Man Standing, and Last Man Standing 2. Be sure to give them a look!
- StarCraft II Heaven Launches
- Posted on 8/25/2007 at 10:23 AM by Aeneas2
- Please help me in welcoming the newest addition to HeavenGames, the much-anticipated StarCraft II Heaven! It's a pretty cool site, so be sure to check it out.
- Mapping Tips
- Posted on 8/20/2007 at 9:10 PM by Aeneas2
- morgulblade22 has posted a number of helpful tips about making maps on our forums.
-Make a concept design of what you what your map to look like,it
gives you an idea of what you want your map to look like
-do "NOT" make your brush size go past 7, and always
change the current texture to put some detail in the map
-"ALWAYS" use the blend tool, no matter what!
Read the rest here!
- Forum Party on Saturday!
- Posted on 8/16/2007 at 4:14 PM by Aeneas2
- Come and join us for another forum party this Saturday, August 18th, at 3:00pm forum time (EDT/GMT -5). Check out all of the details in this thread! I hope to see you there.
- HeavenGames Official Blog: The First Step
- Posted on 8/14/2007 at 3:24 PM by Aeneas2
- Source: The HG Blog
So it's been a little while since my last update. It's mostly because we're
still hard at work figuring out the big picture for HeavenGames' future; it's a
daunting job but I like what’s being hammered out. Anyway, in this article I'm
going to discuss the two biggest problems that I'd like to get fixed before any
grand scheming…and their solutions. Solutions are good.
Problem 1: HeavenGames current staff system is not what
While everyone works as hard as possible, the current staff system is simply not
enough for what HeavenGames needs. Becoming staff is a big ordeal at
HeavenGames, largely because of the daunting committment on both sides...
Solution: Reorganize the staff system
Reorganizing the staff system will help our current staff operate more
efficiently. First, we will make sure that all of the owners are active at
HeavenGames. Next, Seraphs will be required to heavily advertise job openings
to ensure consistent service and organization across the network. Finally, we
will work to make a job at HeavenGames more attractive by giving benefits such
as possible college credit and aid in getting a job in the gaming
- Sim City: Societies Screenshots
- Posted on 8/13/2007 at 2:43 PM by Aeneas2
- Angel Zen was able to get a look at Electronic Art's upcoming game, SimCity: Societies! Take a look at some exclusive screenshots over at HG Main.
- Forum Party Replay and Review
- Posted on 8/12/2007 at 9:18 PM by Aeneas2
- Our forum party yesterday, in addition to a good time playing ROTWK, produced a good 1v1v1 replay, in which ALL of the players used stances! :D
Overall Game Score:4
This game was one of the most fun to watch that I’ve ever seen. For Goblin players, it’s a must-watch, and everyone else will enjoy it too! If you want to see Drogoth kick some butt and duel it out with a Fellbeast, here’s your replay.
Read the full review here and download the replay here!
- New Downloads
- Posted on 8/12/2007 at 2:45 PM by Aeneas2
- We've had more download-worthy files added to our downloads section over the past few days including three maps and even a movie!
This little video preview features the first battle before the gate of Carn Dum.
Get the video from our downloads section!
The maps are Dragon Plains V.3 and both the single player and multiplayer versions of The Coming of Darkness. The map has already earned a 4.7/5 rating, so be sure to take a look at it!
- Forum Party This Saturday!
- Posted on 8/9/2007 at 10:14 PM by Aeneas2
- BFME2H will be hosting a forum party this Saturday, August 11th, at 3:00pm forum time(EDT/GMT -5). Come and have a good time with your fellow forumers! See this thread for all of the details.
- The Dawn of Myth
- Posted on 8/9/2007 at 9:55 PM by Aeneas2
- Kyr Nelenar, author of the famed Arunian, Berunian, and Crunian... thread, has posted a story in our Fan Fiction and Art forum entitled "The Dawn of Myth".
Tê sula tahnöäi lor tê vänt fí tëm... [The sun rises on the act of fate...]
Everything has a beginning… and everything has an end, the rise, the fall, the spring, the winter, the bud, the flower, the child, the elder, the dawn, and the dusk. Sometimes stories tell of the beginning… sometimes they tell of the end… and sometimes they tell of the middle. This story tells of the dawn of myth…
Read it all here!
- BFME2H Presents a 1v1 Tournament
- Posted on 8/8/2007 at 10:45 PM by Aeneas2
- BFME2 Heaven is proud to present a 1v1 tournament for ROTWK 2.01.
Dates (All times forum time/EDT/GMT -5)
Signups start now and will last until 11:59pm on Sunday, August 12th. The first round will start at 11:59 on Monday the 13 and will last until 11:59 on Sunday the 19th. Dates and times for future rounds will be announced later.
Post in this thread that you wish to play; be sure to include the (yes, you must use only one) GameSpy name you will play your games under.
This tournament will be single elimination (i.e. if you lose a game, you're out). The bracket will be posted once signups have been completed. Placing in the bracket will be determined randomly.
To arrange a game with your opponent, you may make a thread in this (the Multiplayer) forum. An example of a title would be [Round 1] Player A vs Player B. Post times you will be available to play as well as any other contact info you wish to give out (email, MSN, etc).
The map for the first round is Withered Hearth. All games must be played using this map, each player must start with 1,000 resources, and no custom or ring heroes will be used.
Find all of the details and signup here!
- New Maps to Download
- Posted on 8/8/2007 at 10:41 PM by Aeneas2
- Here are the latest maps from BFME2H's download section to check out!
Durthang by Majordima.
The Land of Waklozar by jordan_jjoedn.
Be sure to give them a look and keep checking back here for the latest BFME2 and ROTWK maps!
- Poll Roundup
- Posted on 8/6/2007 at 4:16 PM by Aeneas2
- Our most recent poll asked how many BFME2 games you play in an average day. The majority of people play only one or two, but a good number of people fit in every other category as well!
More than 5 [90 votes]
3 or 4 [76 votes]
1 or 2 [180 votes]
None [83 votes]
If you were to go someplace in Middle Earth, where would you go? is our next poll. Vote here.
Think you have a good idea for a poll? Visit this thread and share it with us!
- Journey to the Land of Yalkazarez
- Posted on 8/5/2007 at 9:52 PM by Aeneas2
- jordan_jjoedn has submitted another map to our downloads section. This one, entitled Journey to the Land of Yalkazarez, features five human players battling against two computer Isengard players. Check it out here.
- Elven Strategy Guide
- Posted on 8/4/2007 at 10:07 PM by Aeneas2
- Nenya0619 has written a nice guide to the Elves in RotWK 2.01.
The elven rush most often used is a combination of of a pike and archer battalion. this allows you to kill any early defense units of the opposing player and allows you to destroy resource producers
Read more here!
- New Maps
- Posted on 8/4/2007 at 6:52 PM by Aeneas2
- We've had a number of maps submitted to our downloads section in the past few days:
War of the 4 Lands by Lascar_01
The Big Race by jordan_jjoedn
Joadenn Valley by jordan_jjoedn
Be sure to take a look at them!
- Official HeavenGames CEO Blog Opens
- Posted on 8/2/2007 at 2:54 PM by Angel Socrateius
- Source: The HG Blog
(I'm pensive about so many things in this photo)
My name is Socvazius; I'm the new CEO of HG, but I've been around for quite a long time. I started visiting HG in late 1997 (at age 11), joined the staff in 2000 (my first article, a masterpiece by any standard), joined the executive board in 2003 (I have nothing to say here but I wanted to add a parenthesis for consistency), and became owner in 2005 (when I turned 18). Over all that time, I have been webmaster of 6 Heavens and have done about every possible job.
Offline, I go by the name Sergio Prado and I study history at Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. I am currently working in marketing at Vivendi Universal on Empire Earth III and World in Conflict. I love philosophy, history, physics and politics among other things, and to compensate for my nerdy tendencies I've been known to karate it up as well as do all the other things that college students do. Oh yes.
Anyway, this is my blog! While I will surely use this blog for my own narcissistic ramblings, I intend it to be used mostly to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in HeavenGames, especially the stuff that pertains to my job: management, PR, and all the other fun parts of a gaming website. In fact, I do have some news that you guys might be interested in. For the past couple months the owners have been discussing a major revamp of how HG operates, including its staff management and exactly what services it will provide to the community. We're zeroing in on a finalized plan, so keep your eyes peeled for a freakin huge article that'll be way too long to be worth reading!
Until the next post my friends,