Skip to content
News Archives - July 2007
- HeavenGames Appoints Sergio Prado as new CEO
- Posted on 7/27/2007 at 10:00 AM by Lady Arcola
- LOMBARD, IL - HeavenGames LLC, an internet leader in strategy fansites, today announced it has appointed Sergio "Socvazius" Prado to the position of Chief Executive Officer, effective July 28, 2007. Mr. Prado, a driven executive with considerable experience in the gaming industry, has worked at HeavenGames for 7 years in addition to Vivendi Universal's brand marketing department. He currently is a college junior at Harvard University.
Prior to this appointment at HeavenGames, Mr. Prado served as the company's Chief Content Officer on the executive board, ensuring the professional quality of content present across the network. He also headed six of its sites: for Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Empires, Rome: Total War, and Cossacks. During his employ at Vivendi Universal, Mr. Prado worked to market World in Conflict and Empire Earth III, two of the biggest strategy titles of 2007.
Tom Mescher, the exiting CEO, served as HeavenGames' leader since its incorporation in October of 2000. He is moving on to continue his career in the IT industry.
ABOUT HEAVENGAMES, LLC
HeavenGames LLC (http://www.heavengames.com), based in Lombard, Illinois, is a privately owned web-content publisher geared towards the creation of special-interest sites for Real-Time Strategy and City-Builder games. Its sites, content, vast amounts of resources, as well as a dedicated staff & management team make HeavenGames' sites recognized by developers and press alike as one of the premier destinations for gamers worldwide.
- New Maps to Download!
- Posted on 7/27/2007 at 1:56 AM by Lady Arcola
- Several new maps have been submitted in the last few days here at BFME2.
We applaud our map makers as they continue to bring a fresh look to the game.
The River Battle by basicxman,
Recipe Battlefield v2 by Pluke gains a rating of 5.0,
Dead Man's Dike by Arkintyro, and
Armageddon v2 by jake0402
Take a peek at our download area!
- King of the Hill... with a fortress?
- Posted on 7/20/2007 at 2:44 PM by Aeneas2
- Pluke has submitted a cool map to our downloads section called "King of the Hill Fortress".
This map features a capturable fortress in the middle of the map. All players try to capture it from each other. The first player to hold the fortress for 5 minutes, wins.
Download it here!
- Congrats to our new Replay Reviewer!
- Posted on 7/20/2007 at 9:22 AM by Aeneas2
- The recently advertised position of Replay Reviewer has been filled by Scorch062! Congratulate and wish him luck with his new duties in this thread.
- Poll Roundup
- Posted on 7/19/2007 at 10:49 AM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, we asked who your favorite Angmar hero is. The overwhelming favorite was the Witch-King.
Hwaldar [14 votes]
Karsh [76 votes]
Morgomir [30 votes]
Rogash [118 votes]
The Witch-king [236 votes]
Vote here in our new poll, How many BFME2 games do you play in an average day?
- Lindon Forest
- Posted on 7/18/2007 at 11:37 AM by Aeneas2
- "Lindon Forest" is the newest map in our downloads section! Check it out here.
- And the winner is...
- Posted on 7/18/2007 at 8:10 AM by Aeneas2
- "The Grey Havens" by Scorch062!
See it in the newly renamed World Builder and Game Mods forum. Congrats, Scorch!
- Logo Conest Voting Nears End
- Posted on 7/17/2007 at 12:54 PM by Aeneas2
- You have less than 12 hours to get your votes in for our current logo contest! Here are a few of the more popular logos.
See the rest and vote in this thread!
- A new map
- Posted on 7/17/2007 at 12:19 PM by Aeneas2
- smeaking has submitted another new map to our Downloads section. This one is entitled Ithilien Outpost.
You can find it here.
- Adobe Flash Player Security Advisories
- Posted on 7/16/2007 at 7:35 PM by Aeneas2
- Adobe has recently announced that a number of security vulnerabilities have been found in Adobe Flash Player.
Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Flash Player that could allow an attacker who successfully exploits these potential vulnerabilities to take control of the affected system. A malicious SWF must be loaded in Flash Player by the user for an attacker to exploit these potential vulnerabilities. Users are recommended to update to the most current version of Flash Player available for their platform.
The latest version of Adobe Flash Player may be downloaded from Adobe's website.
- Two maps from smeaking
- Posted on 7/16/2007 at 6:37 PM by Aeneas2
- smeaking has uploaded two maps to BFME2H's download section. The first, which should appeal to fans of the Eragon and Eldest novels, is eragon world v2. close combat: land of doom is the second.
- The Sea of Rhun
- Posted on 7/16/2007 at 12:27 PM by Aeneas2
- The Sea of Rhun is the latest map from majordima. This map is intended for sea battles, something of a rarity in BFME2. Be sure to check it out here
- Replay of the Week!
- Posted on 7/15/2007 at 4:04 PM by Aeneas2
- We have another Replay of the Week! This one is a 2v2 on Minhiriath from Ludson.
Download it here and read the review here!
- Two more maps!
- Posted on 7/14/2007 at 10:59 AM by Aeneas2
- The first, Gladden Fields by majordima is a 1 vs 1 map.
The map itself revolves around the place where isildur got ambushed by orcs and lost the ring after it slipped off his finger and died, on the left side of the map the river runs under the misty mountains...
Download it here.
Arkintyro is the creator of the second, a 3 vs 3 map named Nangoranthondo. Get it here.
- Logo Contest - Voting
- Posted on 7/14/2007 at 10:50 AM by Aeneas2
- It's time to pick your favorite logo to display in the World Builder and Game Mods forum! See the logos and vote here.
- And the maps keep coming!
- Posted on 7/13/2007 at 9:01 PM by Aeneas2
- Our latest map by TheNotorious is "Mirkwood's Kingdom". It looks to offer a number of cool features including the ability to "upgrade" to the Second and Third Ages. Download it here.
- New Tip of the Week
- Posted on 7/13/2007 at 6:24 PM by Aeneas2
- Our Tip of the Week this week is from locomonster1 and deals with the ability to hide in certain trees.
When you play in Mirkwood, you'll notice that a number of the trees are rather large. This is fortunate for you because such large trees make excellent hiding places!
Read it all here!
- Wanted: One Replay Reviewer
- Posted on 7/13/2007 at 4:19 PM by Aeneas2
- BFME2H is currently looking for another Replay Reviewer to join our team. If you're interested, click here. Good luck!
- Four New Maps
- Posted on 7/13/2007 at 8:09 AM by Aeneas2
- Our downloads section has four new maps from Arkintyro. They are The Last Stand of Arnor, Arnor Strikes Back, Helm Hammerhand, and The Forest
They all look fun, so be sure to check them out!
- Logo Contest Deadline Approaching
- Posted on 7/12/2007 at 10:32 PM by Aeneas2
- The deadline for submitting your entries for our Forum Logo contest is only a little over 25 hours off. We've had a number of fantastic logos already submitted, and we'd love to see yours!
- A New Map
- Posted on 7/12/2007 at 6:06 PM by Aeneas2
- The Puppeteer has uploaded another great map to BFME2H's download section.
This one, titled "Misty Mountain Fortess", features a snow-ridden land with, you guessed it, an old fortress!
This is a fortress which seems abandoned, and yet 2 armies try to either defend or capture this stronghold. The stronghold is a safe haven for those braving the harsh weather of the mountains.
Download and comment on/review it here!
- Rise of the Witch-King Patch 2.02 News
- Posted on 7/12/2007 at 3:49 PM by Aeneas2
- Apparently the rumors of a 2.02 patch for RotWK are true! Things are still in progress, but here're a few of the proposed changes.
- Dain's Mighty Rage recharge time doubled
- Dain does 50% less damage to a fortress
- Men of Dale from an Inn cost increased to 300 (from 150)
A large number of bugs are also on the list to be fixed. Read it all here!
- Is that blood I see?
- Posted on 7/11/2007 at 10:55 PM by Aeneas2
- Oh, wait, no, just BFME2H's newest Angels: Pulkit and Foamy! Congratulate both of them on their larger wings here.
- The Replay of the Week!
- Posted on 7/9/2007 at 11:29 PM by Aeneas2
- BFME2H is excited to announce that we have restarted our Replay of the Week! This week's replay is a RotWK 1v1 on Rohan from Sir Snoopy! Read the review here and get the replay here.
- Logo Contest - World Builder and Game Mods Forum
- Posted on 7/6/2007 at 4:02 PM by Aeneas2
- It's time for another logo contest, this one for our World Builder and Game Mods forum!
Rules can be found here. Entries may be submitted there as well, or they may be emailed to me.
- Another Poll Roundup
- Posted on 7/3/2007 at 5:30 PM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, "Would you buy a BFME3?", the overwhelming answer was yes, followed quite distantly by maybe.
Definitely! [230 votes]
Maybe [76 votes]
Not likely [10 votes]
Most certainly not! [8 votes]
Our next poll asks who your favorite Angmar hero is. Vote here.
- The Ultimate Balrog Duel
- Posted on 7/2/2007 at 3:48 PM by Aeneas2
- A new map by eliec has been uploaded to our Downloads section! This one allows each player to control a Balrog and duke it out with up to three other players. You'll find it here!
- It's name changing time!
- Posted on 7/2/2007 at 11:10 AM by Aeneas2
- Unhappy with your current username? Want to change it? Now's your chance! On July 4, you may post in this thread, your name will be changed. Happy name changing everyone!