Skip to content
News Archives - June 2007
- Tips of the Week
- Posted on 6/29/2007 at 6:04 PM by Aeneas2
- The new Tips of the Week are up! The first, submitted by GeneralVon, explains how to get a couple seconds ahead of your opponent. theinsaneninja shared with us the other tip, a fun way to use Troll custom heroes. Read it here.
- Assault on Carn Dum
- Posted on 6/27/2007 at 10:20 PM by Aeneas2
Dreamer t4a has uploaded a map to our downloads section entitled, "Assault on Carn Dum". It looks like a great deal of fun, so download it here!
- Poll Roundup
- Posted on 6/26/2007 at 10:09 PM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, we asked what the best part of BFME2H is. The largest group thought that the downloads section is pretty good while game information and the forums came in second.
Game Information [67 votes]
Downloads [102 votes]
Modding/Map Making Information [25 votes]
Lord of the Rings Lore [39 votes]
The Gallery [19 votes]
The Forums [67 votes]
Our new poll asks, "Would you buy a BFME3?". Vote here.
- A New Map
- Posted on 6/24/2007 at 2:35 PM by Aeneas2
- A new map, "The Manor of the Eorl", has been recently submitted to our downloads section by The Puppeteer.
The Manor of the Eorl. A great, almost fortress-like, town built by the men of Rohan in the age of the Eorl, thus it was dedicated to him. Now someone else occupies its guarded walls.
Download it here!
- Forum Awards - Presentation
- Posted on 6/23/2007 at 10:41 PM by Aeneas2
- The much-awaited BFME2H Forum Awards Presentation thread is finally up!
A banner over the door says “BFME2H 3rd Semi-Annual Awards ’07 Presentations”. The Gondorian soldiers are stunned, but soon realize they have been saved from certain death. Shrugging, they push open the doors to see what’s inside…
See it here! Much thanks to TaylorFlame for doing the presentations and EnemyofJupitor for running the ceremonies.
- Create-a-Hero Attributes and How They Work
- Posted on 6/21/2007 at 1:00 PM by Aeneas2
- Pulkit has recently completed work on a very useful topic for Create-a-Heroes: attributes and just how much effect adding points to each one has. Check it out; it's definitely worth the read.
- Forums Feedback Forum
- Posted on 6/20/2007 at 10:29 PM by Aeneas2
- There is a new forum at HG Main for feedback about HG's forum software. You'll find it here.
- An FAQ
- Posted on 6/18/2007 at 11:46 PM by Aeneas2
- BFME2H now has an FAQ for Game Information here. It doesn't contain much new, but it should be useful for answering a few of the more commonly asked questions you might have!
If you think that you have a question that should be on it, email Aeneas2.
- Tips of the Week
- Posted on 6/15/2007 at 11:12 PM by Aeneas2
- Again it's the time for the new Tips of the Week! Our BFME2 tip is from GeneralVon and deals with a unique way to use wild trolls to your advantage. Read it here. Our RotWK tip is about a certain ability of the Wildmen of Dunland.
- Petition for BFME3
- Posted on 6/11/2007 at 3:48 PM by Aeneas2
- There is currently a petition at Middle Earth Vault for EA to make a BFME3. So, if you'd like to see BFME3, head over and sign it.
- Tips of the Week
- Posted on 6/8/2007 at 3:14 PM by Aeneas2
- We have two Tips of the Week this week, one for BFME2 and the other for RotWK. The first was submitted by GeneralVon and invovles our favorite Goblin King Gorkil while the second is one on heroic statues.
- Gaming in Different Cultures
- Posted on 6/7/2007 at 3:49 PM by Aeneas2
- Zen has been asked to write an article on gaming in different cultures and he needs your help.
How do you think gaming is viewed in different cultures outside of the USA? StarCraft is very big in South Korea (so much so that they have musicals and dramas based on the game), MMOGs are very popular throughout Asia, and strategy games such as Knights of Honor, 1701AD, etc. are very popular in Europe; North America seems to be more about First Person Shooters - or is that all just a myth?
Help him out here!
- Worldbuilder Guide to Camera Animations
- Posted on 6/7/2007 at 12:59 AM by Pulkit
- After a long while comes another Worldbuilder guide.
Ever wanted to make movies or cutscenes in your maps? Ever wondered whether you could make the same videos like the ones in the campaigns? You very much can, and this guide introduces the feature you use to make them.
The Worldbuilder possesses a feature named Camera Animations that can be used to create videos out of maps. It is very dynamic, flexible and easy to use: you can make top-notch movies in minutes! Camera Animation feature allows you to create a movement sequence for a camera.
So check out this comprehensive guide to using the Camera Animations feature, exploring its various nuances and learning how to implement them in creating movies or cutscenes.
Read the Guide to Camera Animations.
You can discuss or comment on it in this thread.
- A New Poll
- Posted on 6/5/2007 at 11:09 PM by Aeneas2
- In our last poll, we asked, "Why do Elves have pointy ears?". The results are as follows.
They were made in the Valar's image [184 votes]
The god (Eru) got bored with normal ones [13 votes]
The Dwarves took all the good ears first [45 votes]
The earlier Elves were involved in a bizzar incident involving clothspegs and a washingline suspende [40 votes]
The props department still had loads of pointy ears left over from Elf, and there was simply not eno [12 votes]
Humans bullied the elves by pulling their ears until they stayed pointy. [53 votes]
Who knows? [54 votes]
Who cares? [110 votes]
Our next poll is "What is the best part of BFME2H?" Vote here!
- The Campaign is strengthening!
- Posted on 6/4/2007 at 1:12 PM by Pulkit
- The Quest has picked up pace. The Middle-Earth Campaign has witnessed appreciable participation from Dalf32 the Ever-willing. Work on, for our first landmark is near!
The Lore page has undergone some polishing. Check it out! You can submit entries as well as articles in the Middle-Earth Campaign thread.
The Enemy fears the growing power of the Free People of BFME2H! Ride on, and keep more entries coming!
- Forumer Awards - Voting
- Posted on 6/3/2007 at 1:22 PM by Aeneas2
- Voting for the 3rd Semi-Annual Forumer Awards has commenced. Vote for those who have been nominated here!
- The Tip of the Week Is...
- Posted on 6/1/2007 at 7:13 PM by Aeneas2
- one discussing stances and clumping, submitted by nenya0619. Check it out!
Thanks to everyone who submitted tips; keep them coming.
- The Quest has begun!
- Posted on 6/1/2007 at 3:06 PM by Pulkit
- People of Middle Earth, unite! BFME2H has begun its Quest to complete the Middle-Earth Glossary, a collection of information on any and all things LotR, added to and maintained by our very own community!
The campaign begins with the first entry by Murrogh the Lorewise! He should not be alone. Come, don your arms of books and Tolkien resources, and head over to the Middle-Earth Campaign thread to submit your entries. For Frodo!