Skip to content
News Archives - February 2008
- Gobbled Up
- Posted on 2/29/2008 at 1:46 PM by Sir Hugh
- New Line Cinema has merged fully with Warner Brothers Studios today. New Line Cinema will maintain separate development, production, and marketing, but will integrate these functions into Warner Brothers Studios to decrease costs.
- New Downloads
- Posted on 2/28/2008 at 1:06 PM by Sir Hugh
- Pegular has submitted a map, Lanthir Lamath:
"Lanthir Lamath: Waterfall of Echoing Voices. This spot in Ossiriand was the birthplace of Elrond's mother, Elwing. Her name means Starspray and she was named for the glitter of the stars reflected in the spray of the falls on the night she was born. There are 8 spots on this map and lots of room to play, it is 600 x 600. You may choose either to play vs or comp stomp."
thorongil45 has also submitted one of his maps, Battles of the Men:
"a very simple map with 2 natural fortresses facing one another across a green plain. has several inns, goblin lairs, and a fire drake lair. plus starting units for both players based on faction"
Evilnemesis submitted a ROTWK replay, Rt/Jr vs Wof/OMG.
- New Maps!
- Posted on 2/26/2008 at 11:10 AM by Sir Hugh
- Lascar_01 has submitted a smashing ROTWK Map, Gladiators Of The Woodland Realm.
flammable_hotdog has also submitted a ROTW Map, Shadows of Rhun beta 0.1.
Rogash2 has submitted a BFME2 map, 8 player shire map.
Many thanks to these mappers. Be sure to check them out!
- Two new Reviewers!
- Posted on 2/25/2008 at 8:09 AM by Sir Hugh
- BFME2H has two new replay reviewers: nenya0619 and Catabre! They fill the void that faithful Scorch062 left with his recent resignation. May they review well and have fun!
- A Downloads Update
- Posted on 2/23/2008 at 4:26 PM by Sir Hugh
- In the two months that have passed, few Downloads have received any attention on the main page. Its time to mend this as designer breathe new life into a game with each creation.
- thorongil45, lokenlode, Loramrod, MasterChief117, have submitted some new maps worth checking out
- nenya0619 and blatant7 have submitted new replays
- IP Dreamer has submitted an impressive trailer for his map Fall of the Iron Crown
Be sure to browse the downloads!
- Poll Round-Up!
- Posted on 2/16/2008 at 2:06 PM by Sir Hugh
- In our last poll, browsers were asked: What do you consider the most important feature of this site?
News (12 votes = 6%)
Forums (52 votes = 25%)
Scenarios/Modpacks downloads (76 votes = 37%)
Recorded games (9 votes = 4%)
Strategy articles (27 votes = 13%)
Game info articles (22 votes = 11%)
Scenario Design/Modding articles (7 votes = 3%)
Our next poll, is from CEO Soccy as well and asks browsers to vote for the best areas of improvement.
- Battlefield LOTR?
- Posted on 2/15/2008 at 12:43 PM by Sir Hugh
- There are some rumors that indicate that Pandemic Studios is modelling the next LOTR game similar to Battlefield 2 (or Battlefront) with teams of fighters.
- New LOTR game in development!
- Posted on 2/13/2008 at 8:51 PM by Sir Hugh
- EA games has announced that its subsidiary Pandemic Studios--maker of Star War Battlefront series, Destroy all Humans, and Mercenaries 2--is developing a new Lord of the Rings title! No other details have been released, but Pandemic Studios is expected to release more soon.
- Where's mah money?
- Posted on 2/12/2008 at 8:15 AM by Sir Hugh
- According to this article, New Line Cinema (which might be completely meshed in with Warner Brothers and lose its brand name) is being sued by the Tolkein estate for not holding up to its contract to pay 7.5% of gross profits. Such a move will probably delay the two Hobbit films if not settled.
- No new Xbox
- Posted on 2/11/2008 at 7:40 AM by Sir Hugh
- It seems there won't be a new Xbox platform released in 2009-2010, but there will be a new Xbox console ready near the end of 2010 that will probably be released in 2011. This is good news for Xbox 360 players whose consoles will be good for a while longer!
Source: Xbit Labs
- The Battle of the Forums!
- Posted on 2/7/2008 at 1:16 AM by AtZy
- The clash of forums is near! Baske announces: "Battle of the Forums"! It was a lonely day. Inside the Cherub Wagon, Zen; the divine lord and God of Heavengames turned on his computer. Everything was going fine until Zen realized something was missing. All the staff, as exemplary and *insert flattery here* as they were, were extremely predictable. This was also the case for the members. Zen then had a great idea to add variety to HG. He organized a giant party for a few members from each heaven, and sent in 3 of his most trusted staff with nice sharp kittens axes.
His plan was to assassinate the members, while he sat back and ate some popcorn. As the members realized this, they quickly gathered up their pointy sticks. The stage was set, and Zen ordered the killing to be conducted in a turn based civilized manner. What forum has the most cunning warriors? We're about to find out...
For more information see here
- Posted on 2/3/2008 at 12:16 PM by Sir Hugh
- Today is the anniversary of BFME2H's creation in 2006. It's been two great years of Battle for Middle Earth 2 and Lord of the Rings!