Skip to content
News Archives - January 2008
- Poll Round Up!
- Posted on 1/30/2008 at 9:43 PM by Sir Hugh
- In our last poll, we asked: "What is your favorite language created by Tolkien?"
Sindarin (Common Elvish) (383 votes = 26.1%)
Adunaic (Numenorean) (138 votes = 9.4%)
Black Speech (Orcish) (303 votes = 20.7%)
Khuzdul (Dwarvish) (198 votes = 13.6%)
Sylvan (20 votes = 1.4%)
Wose (7 votes = 0.5%)
Hobbit-words (116 votes = 7.9%)
I don't have one (110 votes = 7.5%)
Tolkien created language?! (190 votes = 13%)
Yay for Elvish and Orcish!
Our next poll is from Soccy asking for what you consider to be the most important feature of BFME2H.
- Del Toro to direct the Hobbit Movie?
- Posted on 1/29/2008 at 3:31 PM by AtZy
- A Hollywood Reporter article recently surfaced with rumors of The Hobbit movie's possible director being Del Toro.
“Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct back-to-back installments of J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit,” which is being co-financed by New Line and MGM. Del Toro’s name was on a short list of directors who could tackle the project, one of the most anticipated literary adaptations of the past decade.“
Del Toro is responsible for movies such as Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth. It'd certainly be...interesting to see his creative vision at the helm of the new hobbit movies.
- Replay Reviewer Deadline
- Posted on 1/27/2008 at 5:01 PM by Sir Hugh
- There are only 4 more days until Replay Reviewer application deadlines. Get them in!
- Wanted, Dead or Alive: Replay Reviewer
- Posted on 1/17/2008 at 5:33 PM by Sir Hugh
- Well, wanted preferably alive for practical and legal reasons. Since Scorch062 has resigned from his post of Replay Reviewer, BFME2H is in the market for a new one or one returning. If you are interested, check this thread for more details.
- Number 6!
- Posted on 1/16/2008 at 10:53 AM by Sir Hugh
- The TimesOnline has released a list of The 50 greatest British writers since 1945. J.R.R. Tolkein comes in 6th place. Other notables are C.S. Lewis (11), Ian Flemming (14), Mervyn Peake (18), John Le Carré (22), and J.K. Rowling at 42.
You can find the full list here.
- A "New" Moderator
- Posted on 1/7/2008 at 6:34 PM by Sir Hugh
- AtZy, a well-known staff forummer, has been drafted from World in Conflict Heaven to help keep an eye on our Community forums.
You can congratulate or taunt him here!
- Happy Birthday!
- Posted on 1/3/2008 at 11:44 PM by Sir Hugh
- Today, J.R.R. Tolkien, an Oxford professor, English philologist, and writer would have turned 115! He was born in South Africa on January 3, 1892 and is best known for authoring The Hobbit (or There and Back Again) and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. He died on September 2, 1973. He was buried with his wife and their tombstone were engraved with Lúthien and Beren, two lovers he created in one of his works, The Silmarillion. Beren was given the impossible task of stealing back a Silmaril from Morgoth in order to wed Lúthien. Together they overcame insurmountable odds, and completed their quest, but only to be separated by death. Tragic though it is, both were resurrected to live mortal lives together.
Happy Birthday JRR. Tolkein Beren!
Thanks to Calenraug who is ever mindful.